Friday, July 25, 2008

For my birthday I saved up for a SONY DVD Direct Burner . I have been playing with it on and off. Last night I decided to burn some of my old VHS tapes and make them into DVD's. This machine is awesome.
Last night I found a very old tape of "I'll Fly Away" and I burned a DVD.



In high school me and some of my friends had an opportunity to be extras in a episode of "I'll Fly Away." It was filmed here in Atlanta. So one morning we all got up, met at the school and drove to the filming location. It included some girls and most of our baseball team.


ABOUT THE SHOW:

I'll Fly Away was a critically acclaimed television series set during the late 1950s and early 1960s, in an unspecified Southern state. It ran on NBC from 1991 to 1993 and starred Regina Taylor as Lily Harper, a black housekeeper for district attorney Forrest Bedford (Sam Waterston) and his family. As the show progressed, Taylor's character became increasingly involved in the Civil Rights Movement. Mary Alice, who played the recurring character Marguerite Peck, won an Emmy Award in 1993 for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series; she had been nominated in the same category the previous year.
I'll Fly Away itself won two 1992 Emmy Awards (Eric Laneuville for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Directing in a Drama Series, and series creators John Falsey and Joshua Brand for Outstanding Individual Achievement in Writing in a Miniseries or a Special), and 23 nominations in total. It won three Humanitas Prizes, two Golden Globe Awards, two NAACP Image Awards for Outstanding Drama Series, and a Peabody Award.



The scene we were in was set in a gym. Certain citizens in the community were protesting the fact that they weren't allowed to play basketball.



Here watch...... Make sure you notice the two African American gentlemen in the middle of the protest...... Other things to watch for...... In the first scene:: Me laughing on the bleachers, Craig M. going to get the vice principal, Coach Corr acting as assistant coach, Mike Ferrera looking disgusted, Rick B., Sean J, Troy S and Scott. B acting like they are going to beat the crap out of someone. Hey. Craig never came back with the principal......

Second scene: Adam Bartlett watching the game with great intensity, Craig's great Jump Ball, Troy's awesome layup, Craig pushing Wayne Brady as they form the circle, Troy holding Harold while another actor punches him, My OH NO face as the gentleman is walking down the isle, Wayne Brady getting pushed by JHS Alumni in the circle. Wow what acting.....

It lost some quality being burned to the computer then to youtube. My DvD ismuch clearer.





Did you see them?? Have any guesses????????

As I was watching the video last night I thought.... Wait a minute I know that guy and the other looks familiar too.

HOLY CRAP IT's.....


Wayne Brady aka Who's Line Is It Anyway, Don't Forget the Lyrics and


Harold Perrineau aka Michael from Lost.


I totally confirmed this too. How awesome is that? We spent all day with them and didn't even know it. I just love........love..... Wayne Brady. While I was there I did manage to snag an autograph of one of the main stars... Jeremy London (who went on to star in "Party of Five" and "7th heaven") and gave my number to Peter Simmons (the hot headed one) who was nice enough to call me the Friday night of the episode showing to make sure that I knew it was coming on that night. Wow. What great memories! I was asked back the next week to filmed another episode. I can't find the tape quite yet but when I do I will burn that one too.

0 comments: