Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
This week "Let's Save the World." No coaches this week, they were all on their own. Now it's do or die. I think everyone of them has the potential to be in the final two. It's all about song choice. Votefortheworst.com has decided to pull for Phil Stacey. So let's see if he makes it further than the others.
1. Chris Richardson (Eric Clapton’s “Change the World”) He did pretty good tonight. I am not a big Eric Clapton fan, but Chris sang it well. Let's just see if he will hang on.
2. Melinda Doolittle (Faith Hill’s “There Will Come a Day”) I love this song. Of course no big surprise that she did very well. I don't think that it was better than Faith but it was close.
3. Phil Stacey (“The Change” by Garth Brooks) Again, way way too much makeup. And his face is so thin. He looks like a cancer patient. I have to give him props because he is no dumby. He knew that he sang well last week with country and decided to stick to it this week. I really liked his performance. Let's see if votefortheworst.com works for him.
4. Blake Lewis (John Lennon’s “Imagine”) I was very disappointed with Blake. He is loosing the WOW he once had. It was just ok for me. I think that he will be in the bottom this week. I miss the beat box.
5. LaKisha Jones (Fantasia’s “I Believe”) What has the girl thinking singing Fantasia's big release song. Even though I like KiKi alot better than Tasia, I think that was a big mistake on her part. She might go because there are three African Americans in the competition and she is running last right now.
6. Jordin Sparks (“You’ll Never Walk Alone” from “Cabaret”. ) This girl has got it together. She seems to get better every week. She has a very bright future ahead of her. I think I will back her from now on. Only 17 too wow.
Friday, April 20, 2007
MIAMI (AP) -- The Puerto Rican boy band Menudo, which gave singer Ricky Martin his start, is coming back as part of an "American Idol"-style reality show.Dozens of Latino teenagers showed up for auditions Saturday at a waterfront market in Miami, the Miami Herald reported. Judges included Johnny Wright, the music manager behind New Kids on the Block, 'NSync and the Backstreet Boys, and Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough.Menudo was one of the most popular boy bands of the 1980s and '90s, rotating in new talent every few years when the singers got old or their voices changed."We're going to make it a little different than it was before," Wright told the Herald. "The beat is going to be the beats of the street now — club, hip-hop and rock. It's not going to be something that's pigeonholed."Seven boys from auditions being held around the country will be picked to film the series "The Road to Menudo," airing next month on MTV Tr3s, MTV's bilingual Latin-American channel.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Sorry guys for no post last week.
This week was Latin Night with Jennifer Lopez. ( It should have been Gloria Estefan night though) Every year its the same songs sung for Latin night. They need to mix it up every year.
J-Lo seemed so down to earth. I really like her. I am dying to know who her favorite is.
1. Melinda Doolittle (“Sway”) I liked her version of the song but it wasn't Wow. She may make it to the bottom three, just because she was first and people seem to forget about who goes first.
2. LaKisha Jones (Miami Sound Machine’s “Conga”) - How many times has this been sung for Latin night? It was ok. I couldn't get past the fact that she didn't pronounce most of the words right. That was distracting. Her voice was good though. Bad choice of dress. She literally was coming out of it, everywhere.
3. 8- Haley Scarnato (Gloria Estefan’s version of “Turn the Beat Around”) Poor Haley! She is just so ordinary and forgettable. I know she gets the guys vote with those legs. (Although that back shot of the back of her legs didn't do her justice) But she just isn't a great singer. She sounded so rushed. Diana DeGarmo did a much better job back in 2004. Too much makeup tonight.
Monday, April 09, 2007
What a cold Easter Day! We were all bundled up! Here are some good pictures at the Maloy Easter Egg Hunt. We all decided to still have it at Papa's house this year and it was the best turn out we have had in a while. Papa would have been proud. Alyssa finally had another little girl to play with. She was so excitited. We let the little ones start hunting early. Trent had a ball with all of his cousins. My favorite is of Alyssa and her first cousin Dylan. They look alittle alike to me. Alyssa won the prize for the least number of eggs found. (42) And Thank you Megan for letting her eat the prize!!
Saturday, April 07, 2007
I never gave Brett credit for his Shrimp Scampi. He found Red Lobster's recipe on the Internet and cooked it. The presentation was off but it tasted just like the restaurant. Here it is........
I was really impressed!