Friday, June 06, 2008

Trent's surgery is scheduled for Thursday, June 12th, which is next Thursday. I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. I don't really know if Trent comprehends what will happen. I don't think Brett and I even know. At least we won't have that long to worry about it.
An amazing thing happened Wednesday. As some of you know..... Trent was picked to be apart of the 8u Ola ALLSTAR team. Of course with his surgery he probably won't be able to play. I called the coach and told him about Trent and that we were excited and honored that Trent was chosen but he probably couldn't be apart of the tournament in late June. He told me to come to the meeting anyway and that Trent had earned his spot on the team and he deserved to be acknowledged. I went. And what happened at the meeting I didn't expect.
After the initial meeting was over the Coach asked if it was Ok to share about Trent. He did and then said that eventhough Trent was having surgery and probably couldn't play he is still An ALLSTAR and named him the TEAM CAPTAIN. I was practically in tears. That was so nice of the Allstar coach.
On another note......
Trent has been at Alyssa's school this week. He doesn't really want to go, but what can I do... Yesterday the director called and said that Trent was complaining of a stomach ache and that he said "It must be my heart." I spoke with him on the phone and asked him if he was alright to stay or did he need to go. He said that he didn't want to leave because they were going swimming. I just figured that he didn't want to be there. Later on that night I asked him if his stomach was better.... then he asked me..."Mom, what if I wake up during the surgery, or what if I don't wake up at all.?" At that moment I realized that it is his nerves that are making his stomach hurt. My poor baby.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lisa,
We'll be thinking of you on
June 12th. I really hope that everything goes okay.