Monday, June 02, 2008

Summer is finally here. It was nice this morning to be able to drop both kids off at the same place and get to work early. Trent is at Alyssa's school for most of the summer which she thinks is neat.

Still no exact date for Trent's surgery. Hopefully we will hear something later today or tomorrow. I wish they would hurry so we can plan some stuff for the summer.

I can't remember if I blogged about this or not... But Trent was asked to be apart of the Ola Allstar Baseball team. He is excited. The 1st tournament is the last weekend in June. He would be able to play those games, but if they advance to the next level he wouldn't be able to play because of his surgery. So I guess it will be up to the coach. I wouldn't want Trent to take a spot knowing that he wouldn't play into the next round. But I hate that he will miss this opportunity too.

Alyssa has her ballet recital this weekend. I am alittle nervous. I just hope she attempts to do her dance. She has been so good at school for the past few months except on Wednesdays. She has ballet on Wednesdays and her card gets pulled during class. They said that she wants to do "her own thing" and not the routine. Last Wednesday I said, "Alyssa be good today for the ballet teacher. It is your last class." She replied, "I'm in front." Oh that's great, I thought. Then she said, "I'm in front because I'm in charge." "No honey, your not in charge. That is why you get your card pulled. You have to listen to the teacher and do what all of the other kids do." Oh! I can't wait until Saturday.

0 comments: