Friday, August 10, 2007

Week Summary

Well this week went by fast. Trent really likes his teacher. She seems to be a good fit. Of course Trent doesn't say much. I have to drag information out of him. A cousin of his is now catching the bus at our stop, so Trent is excited. And my nephew, Bryce moved down our way and is in the first grade at Ola. So that's great too. Homework wasn't too bad this week. I wonder what the normal work load will be. They actually have vocabulary words that they have to know the definitions for plus spelling words. He takes things so literal I am going to have to find a unique way to teach him the vocabulary words, I think.
Alyssa had an interesting week. Her preschool teacher only lasted one day. Let's hope Taz wasn't the reason. But her new teacher, Ms. Julie seems to be good. Alyssa was good all week. They have a new color chart though. It goes green 1 then green2 , purple 1 (for more than 1 time out), Purple 2, Yellow, Orange and then Red. (that's too many chances I think) The second day she was on purple. She was a little confused if she was good or not. I explained to her that she was just OK. When we got home daddy asked her if she was good. She looked at him and matter of factly said, "I was just Ok."
We signed her up for ballet and tap classes. They are on Wed. The Atlanta Festival Ballet comes out to the school on Wed. mornings. Isn't that great? I don't have to rush anywhere. We will see how she does. She has been practicing dancing on her tippy toes. I don't care much for ballet but there are no clogging classes around in my area.

0 comments: