Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Top Twelve Boys

The AI guys made their debut last night. So what did you think? I saw alot of nerves in the room. The problem tonight was Song choice. Who is actually picking these songs. With an exception of a couple it was terrible.

First up,

RUDY CARDENAS ** He was all smiles. His "Freeride" song was cheesy. I kept thinking of the car commercial the entire time. His vocals were solid and he has alot of energy, but the performance was just average.

BRANDON ROGERS** He looked like part of the Jackson 5. His version of Michael Jackson's "Rock With You" was according to Randy very pitchy. He performed like you average black guy.

SUNDANCE HEAD** "Nights in White Satin" He reminded me of the singer Meatloaf. It was very old fashion and I hated the way he pronounced some of the words. Needs to trim his go-tee. He definitely picked the wrong song. Horrible. I don't think I even liked his vocals. He definitely needs to redeem himself.

PAUL KIM** He reminded me of the Korean actor who plays in all of the teen movies. And the Barefoot thing has got to go that's extremely annoying. He mutilated "Careless Whisper." He started too low and cracked at the end. Not good at all. Some of his words I couldn't even understand.

CHRIS RICHARDSON** Everyone said he looks like Justin Timberlake. What? I don't see that. He looks like Chad Michael Murry. The guy from Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill. He actually sang "One Tree Hills" theme song, I Don't Wanna Be. I like this guy. He wasn't WOW. But he sounded good with a good arrangement. He kept glancing behind him as he sang. Dude, no cameras back there. He's got potential.

NICK PEDRO** aka. Second Chance. He sang "Now and Forever" He had a good song choice I thought. Great falsetto. His voice is really, really soft. I originally really, really liked this guy. He was good tonight.

BLAKE LEWIS** Keen's -Somewhere We Only Know. He is my total favorite of the night. I did miss his beatbox routine, but he definitely showed us that he is much more than that. Very different and very perfect.

SANJAYA MALAKAR** He needs to go on Thursday. He was horrible. Really bad. The song choice, the voice EVERYTHING. He said that his sister picked the song. It was total revenge on her part. She was mad that she didn't make it.

CHRIS SLIGH** aka Jack Osbourne. He can sing but I do think that his personality has brought him this far. Bad song choice once again. He needs to open his mouth more when he sings. It was good just not great.


JARED COTTER** Anyone watch Prison Break? He looks like SUCRE (Amaury Nolasco) the Mexican dude on the run. He sang Brian Knight's (Back at One) It was good. But typical, I think.

A.J CABALDO** Oh! My Love. I can't hardly remember this guy. He must have not been good at all.

PHIL STACEY** My other favorite of the night. He started out rough but ended with a bang. I am tired of that song being sung though. They need to take it out of AI and retire it. He was great. He was voted the Best Vocal of the Night From Randy. I might agree with that. It's hard to say. Blake Lewis was a little better I thought. But I love this guys back story, missing the birth of his daughter then making it this far.


Sanjaya needs to go home tonight. I can't remember how many go. But Sundance might as well go with him.

0 comments: