Monday, February 19, 2007

NASCAR 2007- Daytona 500



Yesterday was the start the 2007 NASCAR season. Brett is big into the Nascar thing. I must say that they have the best commercials on TV though. I just hate that Sundays now until November are booked. Every weekend the same ole thing, a bunch of cars going around and around and around. To pass the time along I have decided that since my TV is being taken over from around noon to 6:30 every Sunday I need to make the best of it.

Last season I was the ESPN Stockcar Challenge Champion. Out of 4 guys I came in first. So to defend my title I again agreed to sign up for the challenge. We are the Snapping Shoals group and Commanche Girl is my name.

Brett main guy, Kevin Harvick won his first Daytona 500. You could hear the screams all the way down the street. He was so excited. (Brett like Dale Jr. too but I am not much for Trent running around the Budweiser gear on~ so we stick the Harvick's new Shell sponsor)

Again~ here are this week results. (Look out guys there is a new girl in town. Way to go Becky)

I am still ahead though. (*** Steven you may want to make sure that the drivers you pick are actually racing. That may help you next week)


Lisa 546

Brett 528

Becky 439

Jeff 434

Brett Looker 401

Steven 268



Here is how it works...... Each driver is worth so many points. Ex. Tony Stewart is worth 23, and the lowest is like 13.0) Each player has 100 points to spend and can not go over the 100 allotted. Each player picks 5 drivers. Every race depending on how the driver did, the point value for each driver goes up. So it just all about picking the right drivers. Every time the driver leads a lap you get extra points. If they win its even more.
This does mean that I get a trip to Daytona. Even if its just to see Harvicks car.

0 comments: