Monday, November 07, 2005

Why Mommy's and Daddy's Differ.

Do you know why Mommy's and Daddy's differ?
1. Mommy's have routines and like to stick to them.
Daddy's do not. ~ I, for one, have a routine at night and in the morning. And I stick to it by the minute. If something throws off my routine I feel really, really rushed. Alyssa is to go to bed between 8:15 and 8:30. Alyssa and I had an understanding about this. ( It only took 1 month but she had it down.) But Daddy goes and throws her routine off. Daddy's little girl. That's what she is. Every night he lets her fall asleep in our bed then tries to move her to her room. Parents~~~~This will create a monster. Before his shift change she was asleep by 8:45. Not anymore.
2. Mommy's at all times usually know where their children are.
Daddy's do not.~ I worked all last weekend at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. On Sunday mid-morning I get a phone call saying "You won't believe what your daughter has done!" Now she's "my daughter. " My little artist had taken a thick permanent SHARPIE and decided to add "color" to my kitchen cabinets, drawers, table and door. "Where were you?" I thought. Enough Said!

Speaking of Alyssa~ I received another "love note" from a worker at her school. (It was a sub and not her regular teacher) The note said that Alyssa was being defiant. Defiant? What does that mean for a two year old? I know that Alyssa's little personality is coming out and she is testing her boundaries. But defiant is such a strong word for her age. Dont you think? I just shook my head. The next day I did confront the sub. And we talked it through. Alyssa is being very, very difficult right now. She is definitely going through the terrible twos. Our eating out days are coming to an end I'm afraid.

*Apologies to Julie and Rodney for Alyssa biting Macy at school**

0 comments: