Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hate Updated


Hate - verb- "To feel intense hostility or animosity toward"
Hate is a strong word, one that has caused great rifts in our society and great pain in many relationships. It's also a word that most of us utter nearly every day. I don't actually "hate" anyone that I know, but I hate dozens of inanimate objects and certain things that pop in on my TV. So I have compiled a little collection of a few random things that absolutely make me want to scream. It's nice to be able to vent . Please add comments.
Recently Added:
-Ketchup Packets
These little ba*#$%ds should be #1 on this list. I like ketchup. I especially like it with fries. The thing is, I only get about five fries worth of ketchup out of every packet. If I have a plate of fries, that means I need to awkwardly open and squeeze out SEVERAL ketchup packets to enjoy my meal. Those things arent always easy to open. I will estimate that it takes me 20 seconds to rip open and squeeze out each packet (as your hands get greasy, it becomes more difficult). I am wasting several minutes doing this.
-Commercial Employees
I go to places like Target, Best Buy and Home Depot quite often. You probably do too. The service at those places is almost always horrible, but you wouldn't think so judging by the commercials. How come in the Best Buy commercials they portray well-dressed, well-groomed middle-aged employees smiling and giddy about helping out the customers? I've never had an experience like that. Usually, I have to hunt down some long-haired teenager so I can ask him some question about my I-Pod.
Another time I approached an employee at Home Depot and asked for help in finding something. It has occurred to me that Home Depots slogan is "You can do it. We can help." Can you really? My mind flashed to the commercial. A proud and excited, yet flustered father stands in front of some lumber with plans in his hand. Out of nowhere, an outgoing and amiable employee comes over his shoulder and says, "Oh, youre building a tree house huh? Let me help you with that!" Where is that man? I never can find anyone.
Commercials showing happy and generous employees at these stores are just as false as perfectly melted cheese, crisp lettuce and fresh-grilled burgers in Wendys commercials. The burgers in reality are lopsided, mushy, and greasy.
-Subscription cards
Okay, has anyone ever actually plucked one of these from their People or TV Guide, filled it out and mailed it in? I hate these things. It's hard enough to find the article I'm looking for without these things getting in my way and falling out all over the place. You know. I'm siin the inthe doctor's office waiting to be seen. I pick magazine and a subscription cards falls all over the floor. That just gets on my nerves.

-People Who Don't Pay Attention While Driving.
I don't like when I'm in the turning lane behind some dude who isn't paying attention and I miss the turn errow or light. Some of these motorists are out of control. If you can't talk and drive at the same time, save your conversation for the home or office. Come On People!!

-Commercials About STD's
I'm fine with commercials during my favorite TV shows. They are also great for bathroom breaks and other distractions. But to see a person professing dieseasediease on TV and asking for help or plugging new drug is very annoying. The last thing I want to see while I am enjoying a nice meal infront of the TV is someone recalling their itchy, burning problem. There's just something about it.

-"I could care less"
People- stop saying it. It doesn't make sense. Say, "I couldn't care less." Tell other people to say it too. Help the cause.

-Time between Season Finales and Season Premiers.
Come on guys. End the suffering. During the summer months there is absolutely NOTHING on TV. Everyone come on over to my house because by the end of the summer I will be able to perform any kind of plastic surgery or makeover you want. I have learned them all by watching Discover Health and TLC over and over and over. By the Way... Did you know that someone could have a two hundred pound tumor and don't know it?

-$4.03
The other day at lunch my total came out to $4.03. There wasn't a little penny tray, and although I sighed and gave the cashier that "help me out, man" look- he didn't offer to just take my four dollars. So I had to give him five dollars and had to take 97 cents. Hate that. Why do they price things to come out that way?
- Self Check-Out Lanes
Ok. If you can't follow directions dont even try it. Listen people if you dont already know the self lanes are suppose to be swift transactions. So if you have 15 or more items please, please use the full service lanes. I can't even count how many times I have waited and waited for some moron to finsh his transaction.

-Teenagers Who Think That Itty Bitty Clothes Are Cool.
Are you kidding me? It looks horrible. Every time I see this violation it takes all of my strength not to walk right up to them and say "Did you know that your belly is showing, try not to use the heat when drying your clothes!" Poor Alyssa! If this is cool she will not be. What gets me is that someone has to be buying such things. Some parents today are a mess. Do they just not care? I would never let my child walk out of the house. Which lead me to......
-Parents Who Think Their Child Can Do No Wrong
Again~ are you kidding me???? Over and over again I see this. And Yes they can. Take off your blinders and wake up before its too late. I'm sure Ted Bundy's parents thought the same thing.
-Women With Hairy Toes
Since hopefully most women already participate in body gardening, please go the extra step and shave that big toe. Enough Said!!
-Chain Letters
This includes snail mail or email. I don't want to participate in any form. I believeeleive in "send this email to 7 friends within 10 minutes and your wish will come true" crap. So don't bother.
-Plastic Ties
If you have children or grandchildren you know exactly what I'm talking about. Why must every toy ever given to my children have these. It takes more effort to remove the toy from the box than it should. I am so tired by the time this gets done. Children become inpatient waiting for their new toy. ~~~Although I wish I had invented them.~~~~
Added:
-Multiple Receipts(Thanks Shanna for reminding me)
Why must all stores do Don't? Dont give me a gift receipt unless I ask for one. There is nothing more annoying that buying two items and getting 5 inches worth of receipt. Like she said!! Save the Trees.
-Christmas Before Halloween
It wasn't even Halloween and yet the local stores have their Christmas stuff out. What is up with that? Can't we enjoy one holiday at a time. It goes Halloween, Thanksgiving then Christmas or Hanukkah. I went to Garden Ridge the other day to look for Harvest things for Thanksgiving and there wasn't any. Just Santa Claus stuff. And 94.9 was even playing Christmas music all weekend. It takes the magic away for me.


That's all for now but I plan on updating this list periodically. Please forward me some more "hates" to add to the list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I thought of one! I HATE it when the grocery store gives you 2 receipts and a long string of worthless coupons when you check out. Save the trees.

Anonymous said...

where is your monday post? i'm looking forward to it....