Friday, September 23, 2005

My Weekly Recap

This week has been "for the birds" (to put it nicely). One of the the most "challenging" weeks that I have had in a while. But thanks to DELTA I can look forward to other "challenging" weeks to come.
It all started last weekend. For some unknown reason I have been breaking out in hives. I can't figure it out. Luckily, I got the hook up from Dr. Sandwich's office. Thanks~ Heather. I still have some hives but thank goodness I'm not itchy.
Alyssa has been sick with a "virus". * Note: That's what a doctor diagnosis if they don't know WTH it is. She had a temperature of 104 and looked miserable. At least the meds that she got helped her sleep. She is much better today.
Trent was accidentally pounded in the mouth with a baseball pitch during a practice with his daddy. We actually thought that would be the last time he would play. Trent doesn't take easy to any kind of pain. I am sure that everyone within earshot heard him scream, and DFCS was called. HAHA! But quick acting by Brett prevented this. He let Trent hit him back, which made him feel better. Within an hour from the accident Trent was back out there hitting the ball. He was swollen for two days. Trent's allergies/asthma have been acting up too. He still doesn't get how to blow his nose. Bless his heart he gets so frusterated with that. "I can't breave", he says. So I have had sleepless nights dealing with that.
On Monday Brett and I were shocked to realize that someone had gotten our account numbers and had been purchasing things in Spain! They started with our checking, then what we call our savings, then our visa. What a mess that has been! But the Delta Credit Union was really nice in handling our fraud. They cleared it up within 1 day, but it still pisses me off. They didn't even buy anything good. At least go to Best Buy or something.....
And without spending a lot of my energy on it, most of you know that Brett does indeed work for DELTA. So please pray for our family during this difficult time of transition. Also please keep him in mind with any jobs that you hear of. We would greatly appreciate it.
There was some good in this week though. Trent's first baseball game for fall ball was Monday. He did so good. He had a single and two doubles. His doubles were hit to the fence! I get so emotional and all worked up during the games. I'm going to have an aneurysm before the season is over. Trent also was STUDENT OF THE WEEK for this week. We are so proud. Look for my bumper sticker soon. He absolutely loves kindergarten.
I am going to the Braves game tonight! I can take a breather for a little anyway.
Well that has been my week.
Did anyone out there watch Lost? HOLY COW!!!! That show was awesome. Please email me so we can talk!
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

I am sorry you had a rough week! But how exciting for Trent in his baseball game and at school. REally that's the excitment of laugh. To see the joy in our kids eyes when they accomplish something. AS for Delta. God will provide for you! You are all in our prayers and I am sure if Bretts job goes away something will come along. We miss you guys so much. We can't wait to come home for Christmas and spend some quality time with everyone. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. love to all!

Anonymous said...

Hello girl,

I like your "blogger" info. Sorry I didn't call you back I was very busy yesterday. I look forward to reading more soon. Have a great day

Heather

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like someone needs some comfort food. What do you think.