Monday, September 19, 2005

My kids are smarter......

My friends are now split 80/20. Most with kids, some without! For a couple of years I was way ahead in the married/ with kids game. Finally everyone is starting to catch up. I like to think that I am the guinea pig and my friends have learned from my mistakes and what I like to call "challenging times." It's nice to have certain aspects of my life over but sometimes its sad too. For the group of friends with children...... Is it me or do all other kids (but your own of course) get on your nerves. I don't know what it is but that is happening to me. Why is that I wonder? I don't think that all of the time but I do think that a lot. And the constant comparing between my children and others has got to stop. I try and try not to do this. I am finding out that a lot of being a parent is worrying if my child is as smart or smarter than another child. I am also finding out that girls can be more difficult than boys. Or mine are that way. Alyssa is much more......"Spirited" than Trent ever was. For those friends who have two children..... How in the world do you block sickness from spreading from one child to another? It is impossible to do I have found. I used to bring my own disinfectant spray to the doctors office, but it is no use either. What's done is done. Just make sure that you get enough medicine for both children. For the 20% of you with no children. I could not imagine my life without mine. Although some days I long for a little peace and quiet and a moment to myself I would not give up all of the "firsts" I have endured.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I don't have kids yet, but I feel that way about my dog. We think he's the best dog in the world and some of our friend's dogs get on our nerves...

Anonymous said...

shanna, that's really sad.

Anonymous said...

Sad? Who said that? Is someone lonely?