Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I'm A Blogger!


Ok! I'm a Blogger. Go ahead make fun. It's OK.
But this is an awesome way to let everyone know all about me and my family. I wanted a place to share my feelings and daily trials and triumphs in my life.
So here is my first blog......
As I get older it just gets more and more depressing. Doesn't it? Everyone seems to be going along their way living their life. It's hard realizing that. Blink and you could miss something. I have a group of girlfriends that I have been friends with for a very long time. (You know who you are!) Every week I try to at least give a quick email or phone call to catch up and see what everyone has been going through in their lives. We may not get together as much as we like but just to know that I have friends and they care about me is a wonderful feeling. Not that you want it.... but my advice today is to not let friendships or family slip away. They may not seem important now, but I guarantee that they will be one day when you need them. I never realized this until (1) I got married and (2) had children. It's like certain things don't matter until then. Now I always make sure that I try to attend every wedding, funeral and baby shower that I can. Because when it's your big day you will realize how special it was that someone took the time out to attend special events in your life. Until next time.....
Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you and your way of keeping in touch. Call me sometime also. I like to talk to you as well. Hope all is well with all of the Barfields. Aunt Mog

Anonymous said...

Hey Its good to see your blog page I hope you update it often. Thanks for the picture now I can remeber what you look like.:) I to have been concerned about the family not getting together often enough. If anyone is interested in trying another family reunion please let me know. Cousin John H