Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekly Update

Wow! Looking back this week has gone by fast! My parents took the kiddos, along with my niece and nephew, to Daytona so itI was just Brett and I. It was nice to be able to get to work early and get off early. Monday we just relaxed and watched the Braves/Yankee game then Tuesday went down to Aunt Helens to eat. Such great food!!  Wednesday Brett was able to go to Rich's house with Jeff to help him move some furniture and I was able to meet some long time friends for dinner. It had been way too long. We took Thursday and Friday off and headed to the mountains. Its so nice to have a little get away that isn't too far from home.  Brett's cousin, Jordan, happen to have a game on the north side so we stopped to watch him pitch. Just last week he has drafted by the Miami Marlins. (We wont hold that against him)--- They lost the game but he was incredible...

Brett's cousin, Rich was kind enough to let us stay with him at his Strong Mountain Mansion. It was nice to relax. I thought alot about Peggy. There is still a void there but I felt her presence all weekend. The tin roof of the house creeks ALOT. I felt it was her walking about... She would be so proud of her daughter and husband...
Of course we also spent time down the mountain at Aunt Netta's Cosy Cabin. We ate and shopped and ate and shopped. It was nice.

But now we are are home and waiting for Monday for the kids to be here. It's been too quite around at the house.  But I know that they had a blast. Now mom and dad will need a vacation from their vacation....

0 comments: