Sunday, November 11, 2007

Perfect Fall

This weekend was just a perfect fall weather weekend. These are the days that I will miss in the coming years.. In the past, fall weekend consist of going down the street and visiting with Papa. We would spend hours there just watching football, picking up pecans and having the kids just pay in the yard. It has been a custom to do that for the last 11 years or so. It has been a task watching the cars come and go while they clean out his house. Even though the house is being bought by one of Brett's cousins it won't be the same. Down here (in the country) we are so used to just popping in and staying for a visit. Here's a past picture of the hayride.

On another note....... I got to start and actually finished some crafts that I have been wanting to do for the holidays. I needed some fall decorations. I feel sorry for fall/thanksgiving. I feel that it gets the shaft. (Especially now a days) Seems like the stores just go from Halloween to Christmas and Thanksgiving gets left out. So I made a fall wreath......


I lucked up because Michael's had their fall stuff marked down 70% and we still have two weeks until Thanksgiving. That's crazy....



I have also been wanting to make a candy cane holder. They look good on the tree but they also seem to weigh it down. So here it is.....






Of course it doesn't look just like the picture, but it is close.

0 comments: