Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Top 11

Tonight was so much better. Everyone seemed to be very comfortable on stage. There were only a few bad performances. Can you guess? I hope they don't repeat "British Invasion" night. I'd rather see Lionel Richie.

Here they are in no particular order.

1. Haley Scarnato (The Exciters “Tell Him”) - She was really good. Totally in a comfort zone. I bet Simon will remember her now.

2.Chris Richardson (Gerry & the Pacemakers’ “Don’t Let the Sun Get You Cryin’”) Very good solid performance. I do think that this was one of his best songs to date. What a cutie.

3. Stephanie Edwards (Dusty Springfield’s “You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me”) I didn't care for her tonight. She is in my bottom three.

4. Chris Sligh (The Zombies’ “She’s Not There”) I like it. Not his best but it was good. I don't like the panning of the crowd. He seemed out of breath too. Poor thing.

5. LaKisha Jones (Shirley Bassey’s “Diamonds Are Forever”) I loved her dress!! She sounded great. I hope she goes far. She captured the song.

6. Blake Lewis (The Zombies “Time of the Season”) For a song that I loathe I liked is version. He is so cool. And he sounded great! He really doesn’t have the range or depth vocally of many of the others but he makes up for it in charisma, confidence and modernity. Way to go Blake. Hate the pants though.

7. Jordin Sparks Shirley Bassey’s “I (Who Have Nothing)" What a depressing song. She has an awesome voice and seems to get better every week. She is Brett's personal favorite. She looked super tall tonight.

8. Melinda Doolittle (Oliver soundtrack’s “As Long As She Needs Me”) This song literally put me to sleep. She has a great voice, but was boring.

9. Phil Stacey (The Nashville Teens’ “Tobacco Road”) What a great song choice he made. He doesn't have very strong vocals but it was good and entertaining.

10. Gina Glocksen (The Rolling Stones’ “Paint it Black”) I really didn't like her performance. It felt was if she was trying too hard.

11. Sanjaya Malakar (The Kinks’ “You Really Got Me”) Simon said it all. That little girl crying in the audience was perfect. I felt the same way....... Bad, just bad. What was up with the producers showing her repeatedly. I wanted to cry too.

0 comments: