Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally, the Top Ten!


I just love Gwen Stefani. She is my favorite guest so far. Everyone seems to be stepping up their game!! Well- almost everyone.
1. LaKisha Jones (Donna Summers’ “Last Dance”) - Eventhough I hate that over used wedding reception song, it was flawless. She continues to "bring it" every week. Bad outfit though.
2. Chris Sligh (Police’s “Every Little Thing She Does is Magic”) -Where the beat? He never found it. The vocals were ok. It was a great song choice for him. He might be in the bottom.
3. Gina Glocksen (Pretenders’ “I’ll Stand By You”) She might just surprise us! It was an awesome song choice for her. She improves every week. She deserves to stay.
4. Sanjaya Malakar (No Doubt’s “Bathwater”) Funny that he sang that song. Every time I look at him I think, "I bet he smells." He just looks like he would. He looked like a rooster tonight. HORRIBLE. Does he want to go home? GOOFY, BAD. That's how I describe him.
5. Haley Scarnato (Cyndi Lauper’s “True Colors”) This is one of my all time favorite songs. Since Trent was born I sing that to him at night to get him to go to sleep. I loved it but Simon was right it was pretty forgettable. She will probably go tomorrow.
6. Phil Stacey (Police’s “Every Breath You Take”) Dude needs a new makeup artist. He looks more and more like a girl every week. HE also wore a ugly hat. But his vocals were great and it was a good song choice.
7. Melinda Doolittle (Donna Summers’ “Heaven Knows”) She needs to fire her stylist this week. It was an effortless performance. Another great night for her.
8. Blake Lewis (Cure’s “Love Song”) Dude has got it going on. It was simple, tender and I liked it. I like him because he takes a risk every week and is good at it.
9. Jordin Sparks (No Doubt “Hey Baby”) I thought the song was too low and she didn't pull it off for me. I didn't like it. It wasn't bad just not very good. Ya know?
Because the show ran 7 minutes long my DVR didn't tape Chris's song.
10. Chris Richardson (No Doubt’s “Don’t Speak”)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go Lisa! Once again you gave a great run down of last night. I am sitting here right now waiting for the kick off show to come on. Thanks again for the run down. I thoroughly enjoy it! Jen :)

Anonymous said...

I also love it! I can't believe Sanjaya wasn't in the bottom 3. votefortheworst.com is working...

shan