Tuesday, March 28, 2006

One Word: Horrible

What were these "Idols" thinking? I would have thought that the 21st century music would have been a breeze but evidently I was wrong. Was it that hard to pick a good song? Non one was great tonight in my opinion.

Tonight we MUST say goodbye to Lisa. I can't believe she would chose a Kelly Clarkson song. It was a kiss of death for her. It was terrible. She murdered it. Paula was right it was too big of a song for her.

I hated Kellie's Suds in the Bucket too. Girl~ Out of all the country 21st century songs you chose that one. Don't get me wrong I love Sara Evans but not Idol material. Kellie looked very different in the face to me tonight. Maybe she had a micro derm.

Ace Young aka molester was horrible. There is still something about him I can't stand. Yes, he has the looks but not the voice. Just creeps me out.

I actually liked Bucky's Real Good Man tune. I hated the fact that I couldn't see his face but the song was a perfect pick for him. Maybe he should have been on Nashville Star instead of American Idol? He needs to stay with country I think. Although Paula had a good point about the clarity of his words. I didn't know he was married. They showed his wife in the audience.

Mandisa's Shackles was a strange choice of song. I know the song because at Trent's K-4 graduation they sang it, but not everyone even knows the song. I think she lost some fans tonight. It was Ok for me.

Chris Daughtry - Man talk about picking a wrong song. He voice was not there tonight either. I was disappointed. If there where any over 40 fans out there he just lost them.I felt as if he was shouting the whole time.

Paris Bennett She worked it out alright. It was nice to see something different from her. The vocals were good and the moves were alright. It's just hard to see her "little princess" singing that kind of song. OK. To me.

Taylor Hicks - I had never heard that song before. It was good though. Very bluezy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the final two at the end. Loved the little kid with the hair. SOUL PATROL.

Elliott Yamin I really don't like that song too much. They just played it way too much when it was a hit. I do think that his version was better than Bo's from last year, something different. But Elliott really takes it and puts his spin on it. I thought I was going nauseous from his continuous jumping. GREAT OVERALL.

The Best of the Night For me Goes to...

Katharine McPhee- I didn't care for the song, but her voice is so pure. Vocally she was the best tonight. She has the best all around marketable package. She is my favorite.

Lisa must go tonight.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

You should get paid for this. I agree with you and love all of your comments and observations. I also thought KP looked different...her face looked swollen to me...?? I loved Simon's comment that Mandisa's song was indulgent. I don't agree with praising god on a show like American Idol...although she may get a lot of the church goers votes. Chris' song was over the line, but then again, Simon did tell him last week that he was the only one that hadn't strayed from who he is...yet Simon said last night that he needs to branch out..totaly contradicted himself.

I agree....Lisa is probably gone...