Thursday, April 24, 2008

CRCT

I am so glad that those CRCT tests are over. We have studied and studied from them all year. Tuesday was Reading, Wednesday was Language and today was the dreaded Math. I have prayed everyday during the testing hours for Trent to do well. I sure hoped it worked. I asked him Tuesday how the test went. He said, "Mom, it was easy." I hope that that was the case. Reading isn't his strong suit. But we have been working on it all year and he has improved drastically. Next year is that "pass or fail" year. It's hard to believe that he will be in the 3rd grade and Alyssa will turn 5 in November. I have been working with her reading too. She demands to do "homework" every night that Trent has it. She knows her sounds and we are blending them together and getting ready for K-4 in the fall.
Because of the CRCT we have not had any ball this week. Since we had practice and three games last week it has been a nice break. But I think Trent missed it. Besides loosing their game last Thursday the guys have been playing extremely well. They won Friday 32-12 and Saturday 20-7. I think that I mentioned before that Trent has been awesome in the outfield but has lost something going up to plate. After striking out 3 times on Thursday, Brett sat him down and they watched the Braves. I could hear Brett say, "OK Trent, look at the way Chipper is standing." "See he is not lunging for the ball." " See his feet, they are planted." Then Friday when I got home from work there was a mini hitting camp going on the front yard. Whatever Brett did must have worked because he slammed one Friday and Saturday his ball hit the fence. I think he is trying too hard to hit it OVER the fence, because last year we promised him $100 if it goes over. Maybe he is under too much pressure.

0 comments: