Monday, December 17, 2007

The Greatest Story

The Set Up:: Trent is at the age now were he wants to "play with the big boys." Brett has an xbox 360 and we have been slowly letting Trent play on it. There is a feature that let's you play against other people, so Brett's cousins, Jeff and Keith have been playing against Brett and now Trent. So everyday Trent is begging to call Jeff so that can play against each other.
Jeff was so nice to give Trent his home number, but I am certain that he will regret that in a couple of weeks .......
The Story:
Last week Brett and Trent were outside playing football when all of a sudden Trent just blasts Brett from 5 feet away, hitting Brett in the "wrong spot" as Trent calls it. Brett goes down and poor Trent is panicking. He runs to the truck gets Jeff number and runs to call Jeff.
The Conversation:
Trent: Hey, Jeff! My dad is hurt and is down on the ground.
Jeff: What! Let me talk to him.
Trent: You can't he is outside
Jeff: (Not panicking but concerned) What happened?
Trent: We were playing football and I hit him in the wrong spot and he is down on the ground, moaning.
Jeff: (Relieved and trying not to laugh) I'm sure that he will be ok. Is he there now?
Trent: He just walked in.
Jeff: Ok. I'm glad he is fine. Talk to you later.
Trent: OK. Can we play the xbox later?.......
I am so glad he didn't call 911. Can you imagine? Operator: What happened? Trent: I hit dad with the football in the wrong spot......

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lisa, Thanks for the comment and getting back to me so quick about "Midget and Moonpie". I'm sorry to hear about your boss's daughter and I will pray that everything goes well in her battle. We are both so blessed to have healthy babies. Please keep in touch Lisa - I look at your blog all the time! Talk to you soon. - Jenn