Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A few things......

There has been nothing exciting going on in the Barfield house. Just ball practice and Tech games........



But I always do have a few good stories....

A couple of weeks ago Trent came home with a school project. He had to do a presentation to the class regarding a career. He had to pick someone in the family, interview them and then go to school and present the interview. As I was reading the instructions to Trent he started to panic. He did not want to get infront of the teacher or class and do this. I explained that it was a work assignment and that he had no choice. Then he started to tear up. "But mom, I don't have anyone to do it on. You and daddy don't do anything." He was so upset. I was trying hard not to laugh. I guess in his mind we don't. The couple of times that Trent has come to work with us we probably didn't do anything. I thought Brett working out at Delta with the planes and all would have been cool. But Trent didn't think so, I guess. He asked my dad. I guess the telephone man is cooler. And my dad was proud too. (i will post some pictures later on today) We worked on the presentation everynight. He practiced infront of the neighbors, to help him get over his stage fright. In the end he did awesome. He was so proud of himself.
Alyssa has been well------Alyssa. She has been on orange for the last week. The teacher says that she mostly gets her card pulled at nap time. This girl just doesn't need sleep. I can never get her to bed at night and her teacher says that at nap time it takes forever for her to be still. But when she finally is still---- she is out. Ms. Julie has been great. She has started giving Alyssa special assignments during nap time so she won't disturb the other students. She still loves taking dance at school. I can't wait for the end of the year recital.
Brett's cousin's child, who was our flower girl years ago, was invited to dance at Julliard for her Junior year of high school. She is an awesome ballet dancer. She is 16 and just moved to New York to attend a "Fame" like school. That's so cool. I know with Alyssa's condition that is out of reach for her, but a mother can dream.

0 comments: