Tuesday, May 15, 2007



Well last night was a three night per Ryan. It was really good. I liked the all the songs that were picked. This is part of the show that the producers try to swede votes. Last year they stuck McFee with the singers Meatloaf that was just horrible, because they wanted Soul Patrol to win. I wouldn't be surprised if Melinda is gone tomorrow.

1. Jordin (Simon’s choice: “Wishing on a Star”) by Rolls Royce.She didn’t know the song but acted all fake excited when the mayor of her town announced it. It was great. Randy: “That was like a little Beyonce. The run at the end was hot!” Paula: “Simon picked a good song for you.” Simon: “You sang it brilliantly. I just wished we hadn’t done the weird jazz arrangement. Even though I chose the song, it wasn’t one of your better performances.”

Jordin (Producer’s choice: “She Works For the Money” by Donna Summer Although she stomps around on stage with a certain lack of grace, she vocally blew it out. Even though it wasn’t a ballad, she worked it out.

Jordin (Shirley Bassey’s “I Who Have Nothing”) She picked one she already sang this year. It was good. One of her best songs I think.

2. Blake (Paula’s choice: “Roxanne” by the Police)— Another great song choice by the judges. I agreed with Tandy and liked his stage moves. Simon: “The trouble with that song. You are always forced to do an imitation of Sting. It was good. It wasn’t great. I agree with that too.

Blake (Producer’s choice: “This Love” by Maroon 5) — After giving us a will deserved break from the beatbox I was glad that he squeaked some in on this one? Overall, better than “Roxanne.” Randy: “When you make a record, when you decide to put out an album, that should be it. That’s a good vibe for you.” Paula: “That’s totally in your element.” Simon: “I preferred that to the first song. You sounded very comfortable. That was good.” Yes it was. I loved seeing Sir Mix Alot back in Washington too. He definitely gets points for that.

Blake (Robin Thicke’s “When I Get You Alone,”) —When I heard the words Robin Thicke I started to cringed. Everyone remember him from a couple of weeks ago. He was horrible. He had that tiny strip of mustache and tried to sing R & B. (He is Allan Thicke's son, the dad on Growning Pains, wrote The Facts of Life theme song) Anyway- Blake worked it out. A little Beethoven’s fifth and a little soul. Simon: “I actually really liked that! This is what I have liked about you throughout the competition. You don’t play it safe. You look like you’re having fun” He gets points for going out of his comfort zone.

3. Melinda (Randy’s choice: “I Believe In You and Me” by Whitney Houston) Did she just thank “Randy Johnson?” Isn’t that the baseball pitcher? I wouldn’t thank Randy for this less-than-glorious Whitney ballad either. Randy: “The real reason I chose that song. I wanted to throw a little difficulty at you. He had already said in several different seasons to stay away from Whitney, Mariah and Celine. I think they are trying to get her voted off.

Melinda (Producer’s choice: “Nutbush City Limits” by Ike and Tina Turner) She what I mean about her song choices. They are trying to throw her off. There have been references by the judges comparing Melinda to Tina. She’s not quite Tina. But it’s not bad.

Melinda (Shirley Bassey’s “I’m a Woman,”)- She is repeating one of her best performances from a few week’s ago. She does better picking her own.

On another note~ Dancing with the Stars. Brett and I have got to start taking lessons. The performers are amazing. I just love Apollo! What a little hottie.

2 comments:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

You think they are trying to kick melinda off???!! Simon basically said last night that he wanted her to win. I'm confused. Do you think they want Jordin to win?

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!!!!!