Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Let's Rant

Did everyone enjoy their Memorial Day? I did. And I will post my pictures after my modem gets fixed. We are without Internet at home and that stinks.



I have had some issues bottled up and now it is time to release them.........



Nutrition Assistant? What? Did you know that that is the new name for cafeteria lady? Yep! Can you believe it.


What in the world do you get the teacher for the end of the school year gift? I know she is tired of the same old crap. She has to be. What is something that says thanks. How do you say thanks for spending more time with my kids than me, during the week. Teaching them to get along, be respectful, read, count etc. Odes to the teachers everywhere. It was all I could do to spend one full day there. Don't get me wrong. Field Day was fun but everyday having to put up with 22 kids that aren't even yours. HOLY SMOKES!!! Which leads me into an earlier post that I made.

Why do other kids get on my nerves.? I don't know what it is but that is happening to me. Why is that I wonder? I don't think that all of the time but I do think that a lot. I am starting to see that every child is extremely different. Kids just don't behave anymore. They get away with everything. My kids probably get away with more than they should, but they are pretty good kids. (Even Taz) Trent and Alyssa both listen to me well. I have just enforced that they must mind whomever they are with. But if parents can't control their own, they surely won't listen to other adults either. Kids aren't polite either. What ever happened to "Yes, mam, Thank you etc." Trent has always been great about saying those things to me and Brett. We are trying to teach him that not only does he need to say that to us but to everyone.

Now that Trent is older he has been able to go and do more things with and without us. It's hard to let that happen. At first you worry "Oh I hope nothing happens, do they have my cell number?" Please don't let them get hurt. Then it shifts. "Oh God! Please let them behave. No tantrums. No crying. No bullying." ~ We'll a couple of months ago Trent spent the night with a friend for the first time. They live less than 1 mile from us so I was OK with it. Brett's papa had passed and they offered to keep him for us, so we let him go. When I go to pick him up he had tripped on the way to the bathroom and fell slamming into the wall. His knee went through their wall, making a hole in the sheet rock. As this wave of "Aw, Man" went through me I offered to pay for the damages. My father-in-law does sheet rock work so it worked out. But I still felt bad even though it was an accident.

I went with the baseball team to eat lunch and to a movie. Not all the parents wanted to go so each parent was in charge of 2-3 kids. My three behaved extremely well. I was really impressed. But some of the others weren't so lucky. Just the stress of trying to keep up with other people's kids. Same for the Braves game over the weekend. A group of us decided to ride together in the van. 4 little boys in the back. ~ This is were I saw Brett's personality come out in Trent. Normally Trent is very layed back. But the boys started with the "Trent's got a girl friend" thing. He got soooo mad. He does not have a sense of humor about himself at all. Me? I would have laughed it off. Brett? I can see him acting the exact same way. Trent was getting really upset and almost hateful.

And another thing..... the constant comparing between my children and others has got to stop. I try and try not to do this. I am finding out that a lot of being a parent is worrying if my child is as smart or smarter than another child or more athletic or whatever.

Anyway~ that's all for today.


0 comments: