Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Top 6- Again!

Let's Go 80's! Let's Go! Tonight was classic. Bon Jovi rules no matter how old the man gets. I was a little nervous about watching tonight because he is a legend in our house. Unfortunately, Brett did not watch it with me. I would have loved to hear his comments. I don't think he wanted to hear the butchering of his childhood songs. (But that didn't happen.)

1. Phil Stacey ("Blaze of Glory") He is really improving every week. He had two very solid performances in a row. Go Phil. He doesn't need votefortheworst.com. He is reaching his potential very quickly. I would have sent him home weeks ago. But now he deserves to stay a little longer.

2. Jordin Sparks ("Livin' on a Prayer") Girl, what were you thinking? HORRIBLE. She knew it too. I hated that she destroyed Bon Jovi's classic. Her hair was even worse. Nothing about her made sense tonight. NOTHING. Last week will keep her alive though. **Simon said** "The look. It was something out of the Addams Family. Right ON, my friend.

3. Chris Richardson ("Wanted Dead or Alive") I cannot believe that he attempted that song, Chris Daughtry did so well with it last season. I must admit that I FF through most of his performance. It was just OK. He is way out of his league now. He is definitely in trouble. I was embarrassed for him that he didn't know the words when he sang it for Bon Jovi.

4. LaKisha Jones ("This Ain't a Love Song") She totally picked the right song for her and did it well. She stuck with the 90's Bon Jovi instead of the 80's one. I loved her outfit too. He might be in the bottom 2. Last week wasn't as strong.

5. Blake Lewis ("You Give Love a Bad Name") I was extremely nervous for him. Bon Jovi was too I think. He said" This is the one that's rolling the dice." And boy did he. Although I think he would have liked it in the end. It was the best original version of a song to date. I actually loved it. I don't know what Brett would have thought being a die hard Bon Jovi fan that he is. (That would be like letting Jeff Gordon ride a black # 3 car) I do agree with Simon, 1/2 will love it and 1/2 will hate it. I loved it. Way to Go!! (I don't like his dark hair though, makes him look old)

6. Melinda Doolittle ("Have a Nice Day") "Bon Jovi said, 'Honey, Take it to church.' "You just joined the band. You nailed it," . What a complement coming from such a legend. I would have fainted. I love this song. It was off of his most recent CD. I immediately thought Tina Turner too when I saw her. She had attitude. It was great. (As usual)


The votes will be combined from last week's. That will save Jordin, who's performance tonight was horrendous. Did LaKisha do enough to save herself? I think Chris should be gone. I can't wait for Bon Jovi's performance tonight!!

1 comments:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

bon jovi is so cute! i thought it was funny that he introduced himself as "jon" to the contestants. blake was so awesome. he is such a creative artist. do you think it will be blake and melinda in the finals?