Friday, September 29, 2006

Week Review

I have been really busy these last couple of weeks. Fall is always a busy time for the Barfield Family. It's my favorite time of the year!! Here I come ....fall festivals!
Trent's fall ball is in full swing. We are chalking this up to a learning year. We are currently looking for a new bat though.Trent dented his in practice with a "Andruw Jones" type hit. I didn't realize that bats were so expensive. I'm talking $70 to well over $100. That's just crazy.
I had the "first grade" conference with his teacher yesterday. He has really matured since last year. No more Jim Carrey. He doesn't try to be Mr. Funny as much as he used to. His grades are really good and so is his conduct. So far he has gotten all 90- 105 on all spelling and vocabulary tests. His words are harder than I remember being in the first grade. On his test today he had the words teacher and friend to know. Those are big words to me. I was thinking 1st grade would be like cat, hat, sat~ you know, stuff like that. He gets so excited when he gets things right. That makes me happy. This weekend we are having a skating party for his birthday. So I will be sure to post pictures next week.
Little Alyssa has been well ....little Alyssa. She continues to surprise me every day with something new. Just riding in the car this week she said, "Momma, I'm happy." That was it. It was so sweet. Everything she does she wants to be like Twent. (that what she calls him) Just like Twent, she says. She has her annual body scan/x-ray this Monday at Scottish Rite. So pray that everything comes out Ok. We will have to make a follow-up appt to get the results though. I hate the thought of trying to convince her to lay still while they take pictures of her hole body. Lord help. She can't even sit still for 5 minutes to eat dinner.
I am currently looking for some activity that she can do. Music class, some sort of dance, anything. if any one has some suggestions that would be great!
Other tidbits.......
Harry Hamlin got robbed this week on Dancing with the Stars. Jerry should have been gone along time of go. Did anyone see the group that sang on Wed. night? What WAS that?????
Did anyone else call Meredith's decision on Grey's Anatomy. I just knew that that would be the outcome. Man~ Who do you choose.....Chris O'Donnell or Patrick Dempsey? McVet vs McDreamy.
I have been falling off of my Sofa during Prison Break. How are they going to get out of next week. I can't wait.
Does anyone out there actually watch that disgusting show... Nip/Tuck. Holy cow. I can't stop watching.

0 comments: