Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Get Well Soon...



I wanted to share this because I know all of you are worried. Haha! (Don't think that I didn't send him a Get Well Card On Monday either.)

SAN DIEGO -- Surgery on the AC joint in Ryan Klesko's left shoulder will be performed on Monday morning, sidelining him for two to four months, the Padres' first baseman said Friday night.
"I'm hoping sometime around the All-Star break," Klesko, 34, said when asked when he'd be swinging a bat again in a Padres uniform. "It's a big timetable. It's tough to gauge, it really is."
Manager Bruce Bochy said it would be "at least a couple months," depending on how well Klesko recovers from surgery. Doctors told Klesko he could be back in game action "in two months or four months.

"There's a lot of work to be done on that bone," Klesko said. "From there on out, it's pain tolerance. It's going to be sore for a while."
A recent MRI, Klesko said, revealed extensive damage.
"We didn't want a rollercoaster situation," he said. "The MRI didn't show good news. I just want to get it done.
"I've only had one surgery [on his right shoulder in 2003] since I signed in '89. I'm not going to sit here and [say], 'Woe [is] me. I've had a great career. I just want to get back to work.
"When I had the surgery on the other shoulder, it was three months before I could go 75 percent. But this isn't as bad."
Most of Klesko's problems in the second half last season involved a neck impingement. The shoulder, he said, wasn't a serious issue until late in the offseason when he began hitting the weights.
"There was a little discomfort toward the end of last year," Klesko said. "I didn't have a whole lot of pain in the offseason. If I did, I would have done something."
He mentioned he was experiencing some pain the night of March 25, when the Padres played the A's in a Phoenix exhibition, but he said he planned to play through it and have surgery in the offseason.
Klesko subsequently took a cortisone shot -- then another this week after he was put on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to March 26.
Klesko took some three-quarter swings before the game Friday night and said he felt OK.
A .280 career hitter with 272 homers and 941 RBIs, Klesko was making the move to first base from left field in Spring Training. He praised 23-year-old Adrian Gonzalez, who has played capably at first in his absence.
"The kid's doing a good job over there, swinging the bat well," Klesko said. "I'm not bitter. I wish everybody could have a starting job.
"Obviously, for me, I wish I could have opened the season. I just want to get back and help this team as soon as I can."

0 comments: