Sunday, April 09, 2006

First Allergy Shot Visit.


Here is my class clown.


Last week was spring break for Trent, so he went to Alyssa's school. He wasn't too happy the first day he was there, but then after that he really, really, wanted to go. He had alot of fun. On Wednesday of last week I had to take him for his first round of allergy shots. I had decided not to tell him where he was going until after we had dropped off Alyssa. I simply said that I was taken him for a bacon biscuit (he favorite) then he had to go get a little pinch. Of course he had several questions but I explained to him that after he takes weeks of these shots he may not have to wear the mask outsie anymore. He was extremely worried when we got there. It was really crowed with other people receiving the shots too. I had decided a long time ago that I would never lie to my kids about doctors visits etc. So when he asked me if it would hurt i said alittle but not for very long. When they finally called his name everyone there knew that it was his first time. The nurse explained to him that every time he would go they would ask him his name and birthdate. (Great practice because its on the kindergarten tests) He said it proudly and started to wimper as she prepped his arm. (At least he didn't scream bloddy murder as I thought he would do) I held him as he tried to pull away. When she finally pricked him he said "aw momma aw". Of course like I said it only lasted half a second when he realized it was over he began to smile and laugh. As we made our way back to the waiting area to wait our 20 minutes the waiting room errupted with applause. The smile on his face was priceless. ( I just hope that he doesn't exspect that every time) haha. You always have to wait 20 minutes after to make sure that there was no reaction. He did great!!! He ha to go every 7 days, two shots, one in each arm.

0 comments: