Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Olympics.


Has anyone been watching the Olympics? I do try to watch them every year that they are on because they only come around every four years. The games are getting way too high tech. What happened to they old fashioned Olympics? Holy cow. That freestyle stuff is amazing. I can't even do a flip off of the diving board. I always vote for the underdogs. It's funny that every athlete has some kind of comeback story. Have you noticed that before any Olympic competition, they show us a sappy, Olympic montage about the athlete and their struggles they have faced trying to make it to the games. Are they making that stuff up? I'd like to hear some of the older Olympians stories... Bruce Jenner, Dorothy Hamill ect. I think sometimes they have to be making some stuff up. Over half of the athletes have this cockiness about them with the exception of Apollo, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the olympics but my favorite is definately the figure skating.

Anonymous said...

The olympics come around every TWO years. Its the World Cup we only get to see every four years.
jb

Lisa said...

Hey! I know. I meant the winter portion of the Olympics. DORK.