Sunday, October 17, 2010

FOOTLOOSE

I was 8 years old when this movie came out. I remember going to see it at the theatre in Fayetteville. I had spent the weekend with one of my mom's best friends. She had three boys so she took me for weekends to get her "little girl" fix. When my mom found out about the movie she was not happy. Looking back..... this movie probably would have had a PG-13 rating... but there was no such thing back then so it was PG.

A month a go I decided I wanted to try to make some extra money...... so I signed up with a casting company with informs me when extras are needed for films that are currently being filmed in the Atlanta area. These notices are normally very specific.. We are looking for a blond haired, 5'3 female who wears a size 4 with 6 shoe etc...etc... After several of these notices that didn't even come close to me... one finally came across..... Looking for extras for the remake of Footloose.... filming at COWBOYS in Kennesaw...


Holy Cow! This is it.... One of my favorite movies and one of the best scenes in the movie. They sneak out to go dancing across the county line.....Maybe my little stint on Hee-Haw will finally pay off. lol I emailed the casting department and sent in a recent photo. Within the day I had received an email confirming my part in the scene.

There is a scene in the movie where Ren and Ariel sneak out to dance over the county line because it is forbidden where they live. They go to a country western bar to dance and discover that Willard can't dance. And that's where Ren starts to teach Willard to dance.

Anyway..... I was beyond excited at that point.

So last Monday and Tuesday I danced for 12 hours each day. By Tuesday night I was worn out and sore.
 I arrived early Monday morning and it was exactly what I had imagined. The two main male actors were in the first scene that we filmed. I really didn't know either of them... one (Miles) is new to acting but has a movie with Nicole Kidman coming out next month and the other (Kenny) is popular with the MTV watchers. Both were extremely nice and interacted with us little folk. The highlight of the filming was actually being on the dance floor with Julianne Hough. She was amazing. Her 3 sisters and mom were also in this shot.

When it was time to break each day for lunch I was surprised to get back to the catering room to find all the lead actors eating with the extras. They were so humble and very friendly. Julianne was the only one who didn't mingle with us common folk. Maybe Ryan Seacrest was there somewhere and we just didn't know it?

It took all I had not to ask for an autograph and we were threatened with our life not to take pictures. They had been confiscating phones all day with those who got caught. I did get a shot in before I turned all professional.....lol For those of you who know me... know that I am not a drinker.... but my prop for most of the two days was a long neck.....



The first day of shooting I met a friend. Come to find out she actually graduated from Jonesboro High School too. We hung out most of the two days together.


So hopefully in April when the movie comes out I won't find myself on the cutting room floor. But who knows.

0 comments: