Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sunday School


For months I have been trying to get Alyssa to wear this cute dress. On Sunday morning I laid out her church clothes as normal. Every Sunday its the same argument. She doesn't want to wear a dress and I want her to. (Or at least her "Sunday Best.") This Sunday was no different. I actually laid out a skirt and matching top. It wasn't "dressy" what so over. She pitched her fit screaming, "Please don't make me wear this!" Then out of no where so brings me the above dress. She wanted to wear that instead. You see its all about her getting her way and not wearing what I had laid out for her. But in the end I finally got her to wear the sundress so I just had to take a picture.
For the past couple of Sunday's Trent hasn't wanted to go to children's church. I finally figured out why. Last Sunday the children moved up into new classrooms. This didn't effect Trent but Alyssa moved into the Children's Church from the Pre-K class. She was so excited. Trent wasn't too thrilled. lol. I decided to stay in Children's Church to help out. They are learning about "God's Army" and at the beginning of their service they sing songs. These songs normally have hand and dancing motions. They watched a video first explaining the motions and the words to the song. Trent shyly raises his hand and asks "Do we have to do all of this?" The teacher said no but that he needed to stand. He was NOT going to participate. Alyssa on the other hand gladly went through the motions and movements.. dancing all around.

0 comments: