Tuesday, August 04, 2009

First Day of School

Well I did it. I made it through the day without shedding a tear. I still can't believe that both of my children are now in school. Alyssa was so excited. Trent~ not so much.....Actually, excited can't begin to described it. I drove them to the school and walked her to her room, with bags of supplies and "donations" in hand. I didn't think that Trent would want me to walk him so I told him to go ahead because I had to get Alyssa settled. Alyssa went right to her table where her name was. She sat right down and started working on her project. I briefly talked to her teacher (keep her in your prayers) and Alyssa looked up and said, "Momma, when do YOU leave?" I took my hint and walked out the door. In the hall I found Trent waiting for me. I was so glad. He never acknowledged that he wanted me to walk with him but we made our way to his class. I had to explain to his 3rd grade math teacher that I wasn't walking him to class, but simply going the long way to my car.

Showing off her lunchbox.
I had to beg Trent for a picture.

Ms. Calhoun and Alyssa on the first day of class.

Alyssa was so excited to be at the "big girl's" school.

It only took the school 3 hours to make the first of many calls. I look down at my phone and thought "oh, man thats the schools number." It was the nurse. Apparently, Alyssa was dancing in class and landing wrong on her ankle. The nurse just wanted to call. I had asked if she had fallen or hit it on something and the answer was no. So I said that I thought she would be ok. I asked to speak to her and Alyssa wouldn't do it. I think she thought I would come get her and she'd miss all of the fun. At least it was the nurse and not the principal. lol

That night Alyssa wanted homework so bad that she made some up. I know that won't last long.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Liz said...

Cute pictures! They look so grown up!