Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Getting any information out of the kids about school is nearly impossible. It's crazy. Am I wrong for wanting to know EVERYTHING about their day. It's like they are keeping this huge secret from me or something. It's driving me NUTs. I decided to try at bed time when they seem to want to talk and talk and procrastinate about going to bed. It's a great plan so far.

The other night I was getting Alyssa out of the tub when she said..... "Momma, I met Ms. DiSario today." For those who don't know she is the principal. Nervously I said, "Really?... Did you see her office?" "No, she came to our room and said, hey." Whew...... I was relieved.

Then I asked while blow drying her hair.... "Have you ever gotten in trouble from Ms. Calhoun?" I knew I was in trouble when she suddenly got silent and her head went down. "Uh Oh.... What happened... Trying to ease her mind I said... "Alyssa you won't get in trouble if it was just 1 time you can tell me." Luckily she was only talking out of turn. So I continued drying her hair until.......

She looked up at me and asked.... "Momma, will I get in trouble if it was 2 times.?" 2 Times? Then she told me the story of her and another little girl talking during lunch... Well that's not toooo bad. I explained to her that kindergarten has new rules and that she will have to learn and abide by them. I continued drying her hair....

Then I heard..... "Momma, will I get in trouble if it was 3 times." 3 TIMES..... Then she proceeded to say that she wasn't walking on the right "square" in the hall. Oh, Alyssa you need to learn these rules so you won't get into trouble.

Thankfully her hair is short and I was done drying it. I don't think I could have taken a 4th or 5th time.

0 comments: