Sunday, August 17, 2008

"An anniversary is a time to celebrate the joys of today, the memories of yesterday, and the hopes of tomorrow."~Author Unknown


It was December 24th , 1994.
We went to his grandparents house to celebrate Christmas Eve. His entire family was there. I thought it was kind of strange that his family had cooked a huge meal but he said that he made reservations at Steak-n- Ale one of our favorite restaurants. Looking back everyone knew.

I had had a hard day at work . . working at Media Play and I was tired and hungry. By the time we reached the restaurant I figured something was up because Brett was acting alittle nervous (which isn't hard to spot) We ordered and by the time we had finished our meal it was close to 11pm. The waitresses were literally vacuuming around us. Looking back Brett had been waiting for the perfect time to take his great leap. They all but pushed us out of the restaurant. It being Christmas Eve who could blame them. So he actually purposed in the "BEAST". For those of you who don't know the "BEAST" it was his gold CAMARO. It was freezing that night. Shocked and confused, I looked at Brett - who was now getting down on one knee as he took the ring from his pocket and asked me to marry him. I couldn't hold back the excitement as I grabbed Brett and told him YES! It was definitely a night to remember - the night we got engaged!

Eighteen months later we got married on August 17, 1996.
HAPPY 12th Anniversary, Brett.

0 comments: