Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Top 8



Sorry guys for no post last week.

This week was Latin Night with Jennifer Lopez. ( It should have been Gloria Estefan night though) Every year its the same songs sung for Latin night. They need to mix it up every year.
J-Lo seemed so down to earth. I really like her. I am dying to know who her favorite is.

1. Melinda Doolittle (“Sway”) I liked her version of the song but it wasn't Wow. She may make it to the bottom three, just because she was first and people seem to forget about who goes first.

2. LaKisha Jones (Miami Sound Machine’s “Conga”) - How many times has this been sung for Latin night? It was ok. I couldn't get past the fact that she didn't pronounce most of the words right. That was distracting. Her voice was good though. Bad choice of dress. She literally was coming out of it, everywhere.

3. 8- Haley Scarnato (Gloria Estefan’s version of “Turn the Beat Around”) Poor Haley! She is just so ordinary and forgettable. I know she gets the guys vote with those legs. (Although that back shot of the back of her legs didn't do her justice) But she just isn't a great singer. She sounded so rushed. Diana DeGarmo did a much better job back in 2004. Too much makeup tonight.
4. Chris Richardson (Santana’s “Smooth”) He was smooth. At first I thought he sounded too low. Even though his vocals are almost overwhelmed by the band at times he pulled it through. He sounds more and more like Justin Timberlake every week.
5. Phil Stacey (Santana’s “Maria Maria”) I am over him. He voice was crackling and he just looks weird. It sounded great in spots but overall I was missing the goose bumps that J-Lo got. bottom three definitely.
6.Blake Lewis (Marc Anthony’s “I Need to Know”) - This is one of my favorite songs from back in the day. I just love this kid. He rocks. Everything he does brings the song to life. He just glides on his feet. I agree with Simon about it being the best performance of the night. Maybe he is J-Lo favorite.
7. Jordin Sparks (Gloria Estefan’s “Rhythm’s Gonna Get Ya”) I know that she is just 17, but I think she is acting the part a little. Too Goofy. I didn't like her version. Blah! I say.
8. Sanjaya Malakar (“Busame Mucho”) Do I really need to comment on this guy. T_I_R_E_D of him. Just go away already. And what’s up with that facial hair? He can almost grow a mustache.
On another note. ..... Does anyone watch Dancing with the Stars? Apollo rocks and so does Joey. I can't get over Ian from 90210. I still think of him as dorky Steve.

2 comments:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

I love reading your summary every week! You're like Simon - you always say what I am thinking. Blake is my fav - that song was sexy last night. I also saw that shot of haley's legs - she is skanking it up with those outfits....but she's smart to know that sex sales. I think the whole sanjaya thing is kind of funny...he's just a kid and it must be hard for him to hear everyone say that he sucks and shouldn't be on the show..I give him credit for making fun a little and being kind of silly every week. Bill also freaks me out. I think Haley will go tonight, but Bill and Lakisha will be bottom 3 with her...

Jen said...

Man I missed the show. When is kick-off day? I will have to search the internet. Thanks for the summary. I think AI should add you to their panel. I think America would love your personality and opinions. If I had some pull in Hollywood, you would be there! JEN :)