Sunday, August 13, 2006

Week Summary



SCHOOL:

Well this was the first full week of school. Everything went great! Trent loves school. He says "Mom, First Grade is Great!" I just hope he continues to think this once the spelling tests and reading words start. And great news.... He finally learned to tie his shoes. He is soooo excited. The after-school teacher taught him. She just happens to be his teacher from last year. So he is actuated to go to the afterschool program. Here is a great Trent story too.... On Wednesday night I noticed that he was looking through the house for something. I said, "Trent did you loose something?" "No, Mom. I'm looking for something special." Then he was busy writing a note on a piece of paper. He finally showed it to me. It said... You are a good teacher. Love Trent . He was looking for something around the house to give to Ms. Phillips. I finally convinced him that he couldn't give any of his toys away to her and that an apple would be just fine. He was so excited the next morning to give it to her. So what happends went he finally gets a man teacher?
Work: For those who don't know. I work for a local developer/property owner/mamanger.And What a busy work week it has been. The storms didn't help me much either. A tornado or something came through Clayton County and I have been busy cleaning up the properties that are owned by my boss. Roof leaks, trees down, broken toilets. You name it. But I really like my job eventhough it is alittle stressful with the double duty since the accountant is on maternity leave until late September.
Other: My loving husband decides to cook dinner one night. I came home and he had the grill going, salad ready, bread in the oven and vegetables on the stove. I was shocked. Then it hit me. I finally got the nerve to ask him what was on the grill. BRATWURST. See below.
Main Entry: brat-wurstPronunciation: brät' wûrst (also brat- also -vû(r)st sometimes - vusht) Function: noun Etymology (brat-): German, from Old High German bratwurst abbreviated to brat, from brat meat without waste + wurst sausage Date: circa 18881: Only the best fresh pork sausage ever tasted, made right in Sheboygan, WI, for frying, grilling, cooking, roasting, and many other tasty delights.

I knew that that was what it was because I saw his beer marinade. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't just watched the bratwurst eating contest on cable the weekend before. I can watch just about anything on TV. (CSI, cutting body parts, reconstructive surgery, murders.) Just not people gorging themselves with food. I had to leave the room before I got sick.

I said," Honey, I don't mean to hurt your feelings, but I can't eat that." I settled for the salad avegetablesles instead.

0 comments: