Monday, August 14, 2006

Can You believe it!!


It is hard for me to believe that Brett and I will be celebrating our 10th, that's right, our 10th Wedding Anniversary this week. It seems just like yesterday that I was at Jonesboro High School asking him out in the tenth grade. Here is how it went......

I first noticed him because he had homeroom with my then boyfriend. After we broke up I started well, my friends would say stalking, I would say following him around a bit. You know, making sure that I would cross his path during class change and just happening to be driving by when he was washing his Camaro in his yard.

I had a friend call him for a "group" outing. He didn't want to go in a group, but we did end up at the movies. (Far and Away). I was of course late for curfew but called ahead for the OK. Mom and Dad hadn't met him before which was unusual. The whole neighborhood heard us coming home that night. His car was extremely loud. How was I suppose to sneak in when you could hear the car coming two miles away?

Anyway, that was our only date. A year later I asked him out again. But only this time it was to his PROM. Looking back that was crazy. One word Niquil.(I can't tell you but my whole highschool class knows.) He just flat out said no. So that I was it. I gave up. It wasn't until my senior year that he finally called out of the blue for a date. We started dating after valentines of my senior year. 1994. We finally made it to a prom. Mine.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I never knew how y'all met. That is funny and sweet. Happy Anniversary to you both!!! Congrats on 10 years!!!! Are you going to do anything extra special?