Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Trent has been blowing me away with his reading. After only studying book #2 for only two nights the teacher thought he was good enough to move to #3. And he finally finished his sight words. When I got home on Friday I couldn't believe the progress that he had made. He was so cute he insisted that I buy apples for his teachers for Monday. So I did.
Our decision has been made about baseball. Trent will be a MUDCAT. The Bombers coach is no longer coaching so that made our decision real easy.
We'll Alyssa has been going on follow-up appointments this week. ( I always feel bad missing work but what can you do) Dr. Ahn, her pediatrician, said that her x-rays really didn't come out well because of her age and the fact that she can't sit still. (Don't I Know It) So she is to finish her medication and continue the singulair until further notice. They did not see any fractures. Today, we had her follow-up visit with the Orthopedic. I like Dr. Schimtz but I can't stand those satellite offices. I decided that instead of tracking it all the way to Scottish Rite in Atlanta I would use the office in Fayetteville. It is so much more convenient but I somehow feel that they just don't know all there is to know about Alyssa. I had to supply her chart with copies of the dictation from the Genitists. That's Crazy. But the bottom line is that we don't have to follow-up again until next year, unless she has another break. He said that considering her disease she is doing extremely well. He said that there is medication available for her bones but he didn't want her to take it because he doesn't know the long term side effects for her Type (1.) It's only Tuesday and I'm tired already.
**On a funny note**** Brett is infatuated with Dancing with the Stars and Ice Skating with the Celebrities. Every night he asks me what our TV schedule is. That's funny.

1 comments:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

Go Trent! That's awesome that he's reading so well. Glad Alyssa is hanging in there. I guess it's good she doesn't know she's going to the doc so much...she just thinks she's getting a free day with mommy :-)