Thursday, January 21, 2010

Alyssa Rides Again

Alyssa continues to amaze us!  Brett called me at work the other day and asked, "Did you know that Alyssa is riding a bike at Danny's?" (Danny is his brother)  I didn't know it would be such a big deal because they ride the bus there everyday. "Yeah, I guess I just assumed she was." "Why?" I actually thought he was making a big deal about it because they have a huge hill in their back yard. Brett replied, "Yeah, she is riding a bike WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!"

What.... that's crazy. Trent was in the latter part of second grade when he finally learned.

Yep... I guess she just got on it and taught herself. Brett sounded alittle dissapointed. I was alittle releived that it happend this way. We always worried about her riding a bike because of her brittle bones. But she's been doing it so it makes it eaiser to let that go.

~Tomorrow the kids and I are taking a weekend trip to see my grandmother and my mom's side of the family. Pray for me! They will be flying for the first time. (Sad, I know.... Brett works for Delta and we never fly.... anywhere.)
Alyssa was all for it from the beginning. Trent... well not so much. He is so worried about "The Bad Guys" I finally talked him into flying, but he is extremely nervous about it. He is very close to Grandma, who is 86 and not doing so well. So we are on our way to Orlando!




0 comments: