Sunday, December 21, 2008

Funny Story

Last night we were in Locust Grove and came across a road block. They were just checking licenses. Of course, Trent automatically thinks we did something wrong and gets nervous.
Anyway, we always listen in the 80's XM channel when Brett's in the car and last night was no different. We pulled up to the officer and Brett handled him his license. The officer began to laugh and said, "Man, this is old-school." At first we thought he was talking about Brett's picture on his license, then we realized that he was talking about Digital Underground's - The Humpty Dance playing on the radio. To explain I then said, "Good ole 80's on XM." I know most of you reading this know this song don't deny it. It was good back in the day. Good clean rap.
All right!Stop whatcha doin''cause I'm about to ruinthe image and the style that ya used to.
I look funnybut yo I'm makin' money see so yo world I hope you're ready for me.
Now gather round I'm the new fool in town and my sound's laid down by the Underground.
I drink up all the Hennessey ya got on ya shelf so just let me introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty. Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee.
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee. I'm steppin' tall, y'all, and just like Humpty Dumpty you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me.
I like to rhyme,
I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky.
I like my oatmeal lumpy.

0 comments: