Thursday, December 11, 2008

Alyssa's Checkup


Yesterday I took Taz for her 5 year old check up. Poor thing. At first she was so excited about it. She thought we were going to Scottish Rite and she could ride in the wagons. But no...... it was her pediatrician. Her appointment was with a new doctor at the practice. I figured I'd need try her. I regret that now. She just isn't Dr. Ahn. She was German with a heavy accent. I could barely understand her. She was very nice but she probably would have been better with patients that are older. The nurse was great! Alyssa kept waiting for her name to be called and the nurse knew that so when it was her time to go back she announced it good and loud "ALYSSA BARFIELD" Alyssa was very excited to hear her name be called. But of course she just had to correct her. She said, "It's Alyssa Michelle Barfield Taz." So the nurse sent her back out and annouced her the "right way." Little bit weight in at 49 pounds and 44 3/4 inches. Her stats were consistent with a 6 year old.



Poor thing got 5 shots.... And I mean 5 different needles. It took three of us to hold her down. But hopefully that will be it for a while. She is all set to start kindergarten. Whoo hoo.

2 comments:

Brittain... said...

Poor Taz!Would you believe I took mine for their 4 yr checkup thinking they needed all those shots? They said it was up to me and we were there- so I said get it over with people! Maybe it was better for them in the long run...

Jennifer said...

5 shots! I really hope she got ice cream or something afterwards! I'm glad all looked good.