Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finally!

Finally, the day that Brett and I have been waiting for for nearly 8 years!
Last night Trent hit his first over the fence homerun.
It was the top of the fourth inning. 2 outs. 1 man on!
He watched the first pitch. It was low. Then on the second pitch...... WHAM.
The entire parent section stood up. From where I was sitting I couldn't tell if it was gone or not. That was until I saw my dad spring up and start jumping up and down with tears in his eyes. I have been "under the weather" but I manage to jump up too. The entire team cleared the bench. Trent's face would bring any mother to tears. He ran to first watching the ball, then when he knew it was over he began to trot. The ball soared over Brett's head onto the pavement where it bounced over the other fence into the 11/12 field. He nailed that ball. The rest of the game he was grinning from ear to ear. Brett quickly grabbed the ball for safe keeping. It was awesome.
Of course it was the only game that we didn't bring our cameras. But that is ok. I will remember that forever.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Way to go Trent!