Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone has a great New Year. We only can hope for a better year than the year before. Last year did go by fast. Alot faster than the year before.
I can't believe that the holidays are over. They go so fast. (They always do) I had a very good holiday. I was able to relax a little and just spend time with the family.
Christmas morning was wonderful. Trent was so excited. Alyssa was a little more into it this year, mainly because Trent was. I am lucky because the littlest things excite him. He couldn't believe what Santa brought him. (legos, Star Wars figures) nothing too exciting really. But I also got him a scooter. It's just one that you scoot with your feet. He took one look at it that morning and said, "Mom, look I got a scooter and I didn't even order it!" I like how he "ordered" his gifts from Santa this year. It was so cute. His note to Santa this year just said, "I Like Santa, I Like God" Short and to the point, I guess. We laid it out with the usual cookies and coke. Alyssa got an Aerial Style head and Disney playhouses. Ms. Claus wanted to get her a little tricycle but Mr. Santa wasn't ready for her to have that yet. She had asked for a Scooby Horse. She is all into Scooby Doo. (There is no such thing) So I was a little worried about Christmas morning. But Christmas Eve she received that 1st and 2nd season of Scooby Doo on DVD. She slept with it that night. So really she could have cared less about Christmas morning.
Little Alyssa was just half asleep Christmas morning. Trent had to force her out of bed to see what Santa had brought them. I did do something this year that I have never done in the 10 years that Brett and I have been married. I invited Pam, Ealy and Mom, Dad to a Christmas breakfast. It turned out great. The kids were excited. Later that night after all the presents were opened and we had made our rounds that day Trent came up to me with a big hug and said, "I just loved all of the presents that you and daddy gave me." That Special Boy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! Sounds like Christmas gets more fun every year. I was excited for the holidays, but now glad to get back into a routine. We have to travel. I'm looking forward to being able to stay at home so Santa can come to our house. Glad you had a good Christmas :-)

Shanna

PS - great card...our New Years Card is on the way..