Monday, January 22, 2007

Alot of people are emailing me about American Idol. I will try my best to give the play by play on this. Thank God for my DVR. It saves me.
Have you heard of all of the backlash that the American Idol judges have gotten? It's crazy. What isn't this like the 6th season or something?? Everyone trying out for this should know by now what its all about. And for the parents who tell their children that they can sing when they clearly can't.........I would be the first to tell Trent and Alyssa if they aren't good at something. Like with Trent we have literally hand him an open drink...count to five...... and we know that 8 out of 10 times he will spill it. He is extremely clumsy. (Except with baseballs and footballs) I always remind him to be careful but holding on to things is not his strong point.
Whether is sports, dancing, singing, academic clubs...it's a parents job to seek and find something that their child is good at and redirect them away from things they are not. As long as the child tries their best that is all they can do. God gives different people, different talents for different reasons. I can't run, my sister can. She can't sing, but I can.
I think sometimes that "false hope" is worse than just telling the truth. Don't get me wrong... In life everyone needs hope. Hope is what makes life a little easier to bare sometimes. Telling these children that they "will" get through and that they are "wonderful" singers is just wrong. They shouldn't be blaming Simon, Paula and Randy for their childs downfall. They are the ones giving them "false hope".
ps..
Prison Break starts tonight. That is one HOTTIE. A local celebrity here "Barnes - ex-DAVE FM and 99x Disc Jockey has an upcoming part that lasts several episodes. I'm not sure if he starts tonight or not. But he plays a bad guy working for Kim.

0 comments: