Saturday, November 28, 2009

So Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had a great holiday. Brett and I were off work for most of the week. We cleaned the house and spent some time together as a family, which was nice. I must say Brett did most of the cleaning. I had to work Monday and when I got home he had cleaned the kitchen, laundry room and den areas. It was so nice to relax and not worry about cleaning. On Wednesday I took Alyssa to her "favorite" mall. For her birthday I promised her a new Build-A-Bear. So she made Snow Glow ~ a white polar bear. We had an awesome girls day.

Friday was our annual crazy shopping day. Toys-R-Us threw off our normal plans by opening at midnight instead of 4:00 like they have done in previous years. We all (me, my sisters, mom and aunt) met at the store around 3:30am. We were done and on to Target by 4:30am and to the mall by 6:00am. We shopped, and shopped. It was worth the good deals that we got. They were all done by 10:30am. But I wasn't. My sister, Laurie and I shopped some more, enjoyed an awesome lunch and I took her home around 3:00pm. But I knew that if I stopped then I would crash so I decided to make my way to Tanger. Home @ 6:00pm. So I shopped from 3:30am to 5:30pm. WOW!

Saturday was GAME Day. We had tickets to the GA-Ga TECH game . Brett gets extremely nervous... I mean sickly nervous and at the last minute opted to stay home because of his "bad feeling" about the game. But Trent, Jeff and I had fun, even though Brett was right and we lost. Trent was mortified walking into the stadium from the Varsity. Those DAWG fans were throwing boxes and candy NERDS to the Tech fans as they walked by. I thought it was very clever and funny, but poor Trent took it to heart taking his Tech hat off. It was a good game. I will save my nasty comments to myself.....

0 comments: