Thursday, June 25, 2009

SUCKER PUNCH

A sucker punch is a blow which is made without warning or preparation on the part of the recipient and so is usually delivered from close range. It is not possible to block such a punch and so people at risk of such blows must be alert to the proximity of potential opponents.

Last night the funniest thing happened. We had went to the Yankees game and had gotten home late and in the bed later than normal. We were so tired and completely out when we hit the pillow. Normally, I am a stomach sleeper. Sleeping on my stomach with my arms safely tucked underneath me. Apparently in the middle of the night I tossed and turned. While doing this I flung my arm over Brett. No big deal, except that my fist landed perfectly in his "wrong spot" (as Trent would call it.) He sat up like a zombie hurling out of a coffin. And screamed and moaned for several minutes. I was apparently so out of it I calmly said "oh, sorry" and went back to sleep. All the while he is still moaning in pain. He said he thought that I had a mallet in my hand.
Can you imagine being totally asleep and being sucker punched in the middle of the night by your spouse? All morning long I keep busting out in spontaneous laughter just thinking about it.

0 comments: